Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

printable tests to give students

Jsensei   October 30th, 2010 11:43a.m.

My high school students of Japanese are using Skritter, and many of them are really using it to their advantage.

As a teacher, I would love to see a feature to be able to pick out words/kanji from specific sets of vocab and make a printable test to use the classroom; or, even better, a way to embed a link to take the test online and receive the results.

I currently use www.quizlet.com to re-type the words/kanji that I want to test. If a "create a test" feature was included in Skritter, it would be perfect!

nick   October 31st, 2010 8:45a.m.

That does sound like a good feature, and a couple other teachers have asked for it. It would be tough to take the test on Skritter because it's too easy to cheat. What kind of format would you want for the offline test printout?

Jsensei   November 2nd, 2010 6:40p.m.

I test the students' knowledge of kanji in different ways. I use the first one most often this year. Here are some types of formats I have used:

1. Give kanji (with furigana on characters not currently studying but need to know the compound word as vocabulary) and students write the missing furigana and the meaning of the whole word.

2. Give hiragana (with kanji of characters not currently studying) and students write the kanji

3. match kanji with reading

4. match kanji with meaning

5. choose the correct kanji for a sentence

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!