Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Chinese reading app tips

Mandarinboy   October 30th, 2010 8:36p.m.

Hi, To practice reading I try to read what ever Chinese text I can get. There are several good ways to get direct translation of the characters from that on line but also some nice Iphone/Touch/Ipad apps for reading and translation as well. One that i am using right now is: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=380066155&mt=8?partnerId=30&siteID=KEmRFwU0WKY-LVwlHnb8VS8jFIzwBzZ.EA

They (NCIKU, the same company as the famous on line dictionary) have several such free apps with interactive text so you can look up words or characters directly in the app. Suits med very nice since there is no Internet coverage on planes e.g.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!