Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

How to get skritter to suggest order of strokes?

vukimp   January 24th, 2011 7:48p.m.

Is there a function in Skritter I can turn on to get it to suggest stroke order before I try to do it myself?

MasterOfComboBoxes   January 24th, 2011 11:06p.m.

Hi,
press the S key and hold to show the animation.
If you just hit S the whole character shows.

In the options you can set the animation speed and also if the buttons under the writing area should show. You can also press that with the mouse/pen to preview the animation.

Can be a bit tedious, often it happens to me it shows everything.
To the Skritter Gods, it would be great to have something like start animation and stop animation then this premature show-up would not happen.

BR Alex

Byzanti   January 25th, 2011 6:03a.m.

There's also a button in below the bit you write in that works. The one in the middle. Hold it down and it'll tell you the stroke order.

Or, if you get enough strokes wrong, it'll suggest the next one...

vukimp   January 25th, 2011 6:53p.m.

Thanks guys.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!