Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Typing PinYin with non-QUERTY Keyboard in Windows Solution!

MasterOfComboBoxes   January 23rd, 2011 10:08a.m.

Dear non-Americans,

those who usually type fast with a non QUERTY-keyboard might usually struggle with the US-layout underlying the Chinese IMEs, no matter of MS, Google or Sogou.

I found the solution here:
http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/15835-for-non-qwerty-windows-users/

WARNING: If you do not know what you are doing, do not use this hint, as you can make your system unusable!

You need to edit the registry and replace the key Layout File from KBDUS.DLL with KBDxx.DLL

xx is your locale (check the registry keys around and you will find yours quickly. German is KBDGR.DLL)

The path is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layouts\

Careful to choose Layouts not Layout

In addition to the E00E0804 key of the first post I also changed the entries:
E0200804 for Google IME
and
00000804 for the MS IME

As I type during my Chinese lessons to capture all new words properly and load them to Skritter later, this is really helpful for typing speed as I am used to my QUERTZ keyboard.

Foo Choo Choon   January 23rd, 2011 1:32p.m.

zou zisi,yiji ze shi zixia (有意思,自己也试一下)

Thanks, but I'm already pretty much used to that kind of "pinzin".

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!