Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Server very slow this morning

hannes   January 19th, 2011 6:13p.m.

Hi, it seems the connection to is very slow this morning. Basically after each word the page is loading. I am accessing it from China. Without VPN it was even worse, with it is as described above.

I had similar problems for the last two days. Reverting to the VPN solved the problem but today it does not help too much either.

Thanks for having a look if it is something related to your servers. If it is Chinese mingling with the internet then there is not much you can do I suppose.

philwo   January 19th, 2011 6:21p.m.

This morning (Japanese time) it's VERY slow from Japan, too. Yesterday evening it was very quick, though.

Why can't Google get their act together and fix their hosting platform is beyond me..

Mandarinboy   January 19th, 2011 8:07p.m.

It is not slow on the .com address. I have been running on both a VPN line and without. I am for a few days studying from Europe is that matters. It where slower some 8 hours ago so this is still coming and going.

nick   January 21st, 2011 10:20a.m.

Unfortunately still seeing intermittent latency spikes from App Engine. It varies a lot and quickly, so if you're not having any luck at a specific time, it might be better soon after. Sorry about this guys. We're looking into ways we can further work around the latency spikes.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!