Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Small lists not working the same as big lists

Mandarinboy   January 17th, 2011 4:17p.m.

I just tested to create a few small lists with only a few words that I needed to drill extra. To create them is very easy and user friendly but when I use them i get puzzled. When using normal lists with sections i get the numbers saying 25% done etc. All the way until the whole lists is added and done. For small lists they are constantly on 0% and nothing happens. Does not matter what I do, they will be 0% done. Even after drilling the list several times it will still be in the "adding words from" section. What am I doing wrong?

scott   January 17th, 2011 4:37p.m.

Whoops, that's a bug on our end. Nick and I conferred, it's going to be a little tricky to fix so give us a day or two and it should be working properly. Don't worry too much about it though; the bug is only cosmetic. The words are being added even if it always says 0%.

nick   January 23rd, 2011 5:42p.m.

We think we've fixed this (not totally retroactively, but close). If you still see it after studying a list, let us know!

Mandarinboy   January 24th, 2011 4:13p.m.

Thanks, that part works great now. The counter calculates as expected all the way up to 100%. But, unlike the normal list with sections it is never moved to reviewing section instead of the adding section. I tested a small new list with just a few words that i learned and the counter did go all the way to 100% but the list is still in the adding section. No problem at all since that is just about placement but could be nice to know for you.

scott   January 27th, 2011 4:02p.m.

Got that one. Will go live in the next update! Thanks for these bug reports.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!