Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

grading option for tones

Bohan   October 31st, 2010 11:56p.m.

I've been using the grading buttons for writing characters/words for about 5/6 weeks and I like it a lot. I wish I could do it for tones as well, because sometimes I'll come across easy characters like 火 and I wish I could mark it as "easy" so that it comes up a lot less.

Here's a related question: Suppose I come across a character like 国 and draw it out and then mark it as "easy". This will result in the character coming up again at a later date than it would have if I hadn't marked it "easy" .If the next time it comes up, I mark it "easy" again, will I have to wait an even longer amount of time before it comes up again?
Example:
1.国 comes up on 10-31-10 and it's marked "easy"
2.国 comes up on 11-31-10 and it's marked "easy" again
3.When can we expect for 国 to come up next, based on this example? (ballpark estimate)

nick   November 1st, 2010 11:54a.m.

Because it takes so little time to do tone prompts, and because the grading numbers/buttons conflict with the tone numbers/buttons, we decided it was counterproductive to allow finer grading on the tones. It would take longer to think about it and grade them as "too easy" than to just do them a little more often.

In that example, it varies depending on a lot of factors, but maybe about six months.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!