Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

A bug in creating customl lists

tunghiem2010   September 13th, 2010 11:30a.m.

Dear Nick,

I couldn't however I tried to go past 8 words per section in creating a list. If I go over 8, it will just display "saving" forever.

Could you please please fix it because I am in this intensive language program and some of the textbooks we use are not in the system.

I am currently in Beijing, China.

Xie xie!

tunghiem2010   September 13th, 2010 11:39a.m.

I am using Firefox. Google Chrome for some reasons unknown to me is not working (in China) for me.

Xiexie!

Byzanti   September 13th, 2010 12:11p.m.

I ran into a fair few hanging bugs today too, I was wondering if it was just ghosts in the machine. I added a new section to a previous list, but couldn't add words (processing...), so made a new list which accepted them, but first couple of times it was 'saving' without stop.

But since it's been fine in the past I dismissed it as a temporary thing... We'll see...

And also from China...

nick   September 13th, 2010 4:06p.m.

Next time it happens, can you press Ctrl+Shift+J to pull up the error console and see whether or not there have been any JavaScript errors? I haven't been able to reproduce this.

frilla   September 13th, 2010 11:51p.m.

This is the same issue as the "Saving problem" thread.

Here's what's in the console when it freezes

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
/vocab/list/save_section

tunghiem2010   September 14th, 2010 3:11a.m.

I brought up the error console but it shows no errors.
I will try with my other machine and see if it works.
Thanks.

nick   September 14th, 2010 11:04a.m.

Scott thinks he has fixed a problem with the skritter.cn server that was causing problems like this, but he's not sure. If you see it again, do let us know. Sorry about that!

frilla   September 15th, 2010 3:50a.m.

I added 1 and 3 words and both times it saved properly. Seems fixed.

tunghiem2010   September 15th, 2010 9:31a.m.

Problem has been fixed. Thanks, Nick and Scott!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!