Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

No Definition

mcfarljw   September 11th, 2010 4:52a.m.

I'm not sure if something changed or not, but I'm not able to view the definition anymore when Skrittering. It's just not there at all. Anyone else having this problem?

Byzanti   September 11th, 2010 5:10a.m.

Working fine here :s

mcfarljw   September 11th, 2010 6:04a.m.

Funky! Mine just started working again, but it was just skipping that element of the page for the past 2 hours.

nick   September 11th, 2010 7:16a.m.

If it does it again, can you use Firebug or Chrome's Web Inspector or such to figure out if it's there and what CSS rule is killing it? Also, what kind of prompts was it on?

mcfarljw   September 11th, 2010 9:42a.m.

I did glance at the web inspector, but it just looked like the entire definition section of the page had vanished. It was effecting every prompt type. Nothing noticeable changed on my PC, but after a little over two hours of checking back every thirty or so it reappeared. I snapped a screenshot of it when it first happened, if you'd like to give it a quick look:

http://joshmcfarland.net/temp/skritter_no_definition.jpg

nick   September 11th, 2010 10:34a.m.

Super challenge mode!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!