Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

China Scene Vocab sections incorrectly labelled

penglindong   September 1st, 2010 10:19p.m.

Hey there. I am really really jazzed about Skritter !! Just joined and bought a Bamboo tablet to use with it. Im doing 3rd year advanced Chinese at CUBoulder. Your site is really excellent.
One bug to bring up :

China Scene 1; the Chapter 1 vocab lists are not correct her on Skritter;
TV Original of Ch1 has the vocab for Ch2 Dialogue 1, ling yang nv ying.
Ch2 Dialogue 1 has Ch2 Dialogue 2 Vocab
TV original for Ch2 has Ch3 Vocab1

Basically it looks like the lists are all out of sync by 1 section, beginning with Ch1 TV Orig. It appears that you subsumed the Ch1 TV Orig vocab under Dialogue2 in your listing here. So everything following is advanced one set forward from where it should be. If you take the vocab from Dialogue 2 after cheng zhang 成长 and beginning with 原文 yuánwén: original text .. and move it one set back to TV Original .. and follow suit with all the following vocab sections I think you will be in sync. Otherwise all of the material seems to be there .. just mislabelled.

michaeb   September 2nd, 2010 12:55a.m.

Hey

I'm glad you decided to check this site out! I'm actually the fellow that recommended it to you that morning in class and I actually noticed the same problem just recently, hopefully they can fix it!

The bamboo tablets are great, I purchased one too, no more using up hundreds of sheets of paper!

See you tommorrow!

Brian

FatDragon   September 2nd, 2010 1:26a.m.

It sounds like the naming of the sections is off by one because the contents that should have been in one of the early sections are missing. One of you could remix the list, correct the section names, and add the missing section, then email the Skritter team, or just post here, to have your updated version used to replace the one that's currently in the database.

It's a bit of extra work for you, but it's a bit less work for the Skritter team, which means bugfixes, recognition tweaks, and new features can get done faster. Your own take may vary, but with such a great and communicative development team, I'm always happy when I can contribute.

nick   September 2nd, 2010 8:10a.m.

I've gotten rid of the duplicate vocab there and moved everything up by one section. BUT, now there's an extra section at the end. I do not have this actual book, so I can't see where the second mistake is.

penglingdong, can you check through your book and let me know what else I need to do to get the sections to match up again at the end? (If I had to guess by the typical lengths of the sections, then perhaps Chapter 12 is a good place to look--the other TV orig. sections are much longer.)

ChinaScene vocab   September 10th, 2010 12:09p.m.

HI Nick,

I just got around to reading your last post this morning. I will have a look at the China Scene Vocab lists over the weekend and try to give you some feedback and suggestions in the next few days. My classmate Brian may also join in the effort to sort things out.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!