Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

When does the expiry date get updated after paying with PayPal?

Feiyue Kell   August 31st, 2010 11:19p.m.

Hey,

I just paid for 6 months of Skritter with PayPal but my expiry date still says 3 September.
Does it take some time before it get's updated or did something go wrong?

Greets,

FeiyueKell

Feiyue Kell   August 31st, 2010 11:26p.m.

Also my account status is still: Active, No Subscription.

Greets,

FeiyueKell

Feiyue Kell   August 31st, 2010 11:28p.m.

Never mind.... Just received an e-mail from PayPal that they didn't transfer the payment because they think something is wrong with my PayPal account (other people having access, which is bullshit ofcourse)....

Going to try again.. maybe with Google checkout.

Greets,

FeiyueKell

FatDragon   September 1st, 2010 12:25a.m.

I had a similar problem with PayPal, took most of a week to resolve, so I feel your pain...

nick   September 1st, 2010 7:59a.m.

Sorry to hear about the PayPal trouble. I'll extend your trial a few days so that you don't have any time pressure while they get it sorted out.

Feiyue Kell   September 1st, 2010 11:05a.m.

wooow nick that is so awesome haha, I was worried most about not being able to use Skritter the next couple of days. I love it. Thanks a lot.
I'm studying at the Renmin University for the next 6 months I'll be sure to recommend Skritter to my fellow students there.

I have a pretty good idea of what happened with PayPal, I guess they question my location seeing as my location is different than my usual one (Holland), and next to that I am also using proxy to get to Facebook and Youtube (I went onto PayPal using proxy too).
So I really hope I can get it working again fast.

I tried Google Checkout but it only works for US citizens.

nick   September 1st, 2010 11:10a.m.

Hmm, GC should work. Looks like it works for a lot of other countries, including the Netherlands, but not in China:
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/base/thread?tid=4c61b1faf23f356d&hl=en
http://aralbalkan.com/1350

Feiyue Kell   September 1st, 2010 11:28a.m.

Do you need a credit card though? Or does it work for normal bank accounts too? I tried signing up today only I couldn't figure it out. It asked for card numbers and stuff. I don't think it supports Maestro.

nick   September 1st, 2010 1:44p.m.

Hmm, I do not know that. If you can figure it out, please do share. Otherwise, hope PayPal can be resuscitated for you!

Feiyue Kell   September 2nd, 2010 10:26a.m.

yay my PayPal account got re-activated and I just made the payment now let's hope it succeeds this time!

nick, I really appreciate the 4 extra days in case the PayPal fiasco didn't work, from a business perspective I can understand if you guys like to take them away.

I'm a regular client starting from now, Skritter is brilliant!

nick   September 2nd, 2010 10:39a.m.

Awesome! Don't worry about the extra time. From a business perspective, we want you to be happy!

Feiyue Kell   September 2nd, 2010 11:01a.m.

Thank you, I am!

Feiyue Kell   September 2nd, 2010 11:52p.m.

I just checked my PayPal the payment definitely succeeded this time. Account still says no subscription and will expire on the 7th though :(

scott   September 3rd, 2010 6:09p.m.

Paypal notified our system earlier this morning. Says March 9th, 2011 now. You should be good to go!

marchey   September 28th, 2010 10:24a.m.

I used paypal this morning (European time) to extend my subscription. No problem at all. I am glad you still provide this option!

Marc

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!