Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

HELP!

贺知宝   August 24th, 2010 4:32a.m.

Hi guys,

Skritter suddenly stopped working for me. When I click to practice "everything" as I have done in the past, the pad never comes up. All i see is the timer set at zero and the blue and green meter at the top left. It has been a couple days now. What's going on? Scratch pad doesn't work either.

Thanks

skritterjohan   August 24th, 2010 5:14a.m.

Test flash here, see if that works:
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/

What browser do you use?

穆安   August 24th, 2010 11:19a.m.

have the same problem.

FlashPlayer showed a message that there is an updated version available, after installing that one skritter doesn't work anymore.

I checked your link and installed shockwave, but no change...

Btw, I'm using Chrome. Firefox seems to work fine (besides the usual lagging).

nick   August 24th, 2010 11:59a.m.

What version shows up on the Flash version test?
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

mcfarljw   August 24th, 2010 10:03p.m.

I just ran into this issue on Chrome as well. I'm running the latest version of flash: WIN 10.1.82.76

mcfarljw   August 24th, 2010 10:06p.m.

I cleared the browser cache and when I opened it finally displayed after about a 5-10 second delay.

nick   August 25th, 2010 10:57a.m.

The only thing I can think is to check Chrome's resource inspector (Ctrl+Shift+J, click "Resources" tab) with resource tracking enabled and see what's happening to the skritter+7.252whateverdigits2452.swf. I can't reproduce it here.

贺知宝   August 25th, 2010 4:26p.m.

Sorry I forgot to update. I began having problems with a lot of websites and my friend suggested that it was due to the great firewall. I downloaded the vpn "go trusted" and now it works fine.

Thanks!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!