Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Cursor still visible in flash (Ubuntu Linux)

葛修远   August 11th, 2010 3:48a.m.

This isn't a major issue, but I wondered if any other Ubuntu users (I imagine this applies to other distros too) have found a way to make the cursor disappear when using Skritter? As it is, you can see both the cursor and Skritter's custom brush dot or blue arrow underneath it.

This is just an aesthetics thing :-P

It's been the same for me though various version of Ubuntu, Flash and Firefox, but currently I'm using Ubuntu 10.4, Firefox 3.6.8 and Flash 10.1.

Byzanti   August 11th, 2010 5:16a.m.

Same on Chrome on Mac (and I think windows too?). I quite like it, as it does show the exact position of the cursor, whereas the splot is always a tiny bit slower. Not much behind though, keeps up well enough that I forget there are two things showing.

jochemb   August 11th, 2010 8:03a.m.

I prefer the current behavior as well.

葛修远   August 11th, 2010 9:39a.m.

So this isn't just a Linux thing? I could've sworn I tried it on Windows and the cursor disappeared.

jww1066   August 11th, 2010 9:53a.m.

On my Windows system the cursor's still there.

ジェレミー (Jeremy)   August 11th, 2010 10:54a.m.

On my windows (7) machine, it does not display the cursor in the skritter window.

On my linux (ubuntu 10) machine it Does display the cursor,

I use the windows machine for skritter, and my girlfriend uses the linux machine-- Shes called the cursor my attention as bugging her

also on that note, chrome (in linux) lags with skritter (for me) while firefox works flawlessly

jww1066   August 11th, 2010 11:13a.m.

Interesting, I'm on Windows XP Home, Chrome 5.0.375.126, Flash 10,1,82,76.

James

jochemb   August 11th, 2010 2:32p.m.

FWIW, I see the behavior (cursor visible) on Flash 10,0,45,2 on Debian GNU/Linux 5.0.5, amd64, Iceweasel 3.0.6, and on Ubuntu 10.04.1 32-bit (I don't know the Flash version there right now).

nick   August 11th, 2010 9:10p.m.

It's a bug in Chrome that we have to wait for Chrome to fix. On the other browsers you mention, I'm guessing it's still some sort of bug. Not easy to handle embedded plugins wanting to turn off the cursor in all window modes, I guess.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!