Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Is it me or is it Skritter?

Mandarinboy   July 26th, 2010 6:51p.m.

Noticed a thing this morning that I do not really understand. I had a word that I just did not like to study today so I pressed next on it. Fine with that but then on the next character the usual text for word and character learned did come up. I did not even write anything so how can it be marked as learned? Is this intentionally so that we can skip characters/words we know very well or is it a "feature"?

Byzanti   July 26th, 2010 6:57p.m.

If you click next without marking it wrong first, Skritter will assume you know it (as if you had selected green/3). So you can skip easy characters, principally...

Mandarinboy   July 26th, 2010 7:20p.m.

I thought so too but i find that a little bit backward. There are days/times when i just simply do not like to review the same character i got wrong the other 200 times before and hence like to skip it. If I skip it, it might be marked as learned. Well, I guess i have to be better in learning the characters instead of skipping it from time to time then;-)

Byzanti   July 26th, 2010 7:23p.m.

I haven't tested it, but I think if you press the number key first (1,2,3,4) it'll grade it appropriately before hitting next. Or, (and this certainly works), hit the correct/incorrect button at the bottom before hitting next.

Mandarinboy   July 26th, 2010 8:01p.m.

Thanks Byzanti, that did the trick. I still need to be more patient i guess and not skip those impossible ones:-)

scott   July 27th, 2010 12:19p.m.

If you want to push the word to study later but not increase or decrease how well it's known according to the system, grade it as 2. That won't keep the amount of learnedness the same (it will most likely lower it slightly) but it will keep it about the same.

The thinking goes the most common case is that you know the word and just want to keep going without having to mark it yourself or write it all out. Gotta make it as efficient as possible!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!