Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Skritter has a lot of lag.

LadyMissie   July 25th, 2010 2:17p.m.

I love this program to learn kanji and the stroke order at the same time but I'm having problems with the program lagging while I'm trying to write.

I looked at old topics to see if anything was close but all I saw was a suggestion to stop other flash programs. I shut down everything else but this site and I still had slow down. I'm sad because I want to continue but when the lag ruins the line I was making it's hard to want to pay for this.

Does anyone have any ideas for how I can get the program to work correctly?

nick   July 25th, 2010 2:23p.m.

It can depend on a lot on your browser. What browser are you running? What kind of computer is it?

This topic came up recently:
http://www.skritter.com/forum/topic?id=41458266

Byzanti   July 25th, 2010 2:26p.m.

Have you tried using Chrome as your browser? http://www.google.com/chrome

Also, are you using a PC or Mac? On the off chance Mac, there's a version of Chrome (SRWare Iron v4.x) which is way faster than anything else. I'll upload it if anyone wants.

skritterjohan   July 25th, 2010 3:05p.m.

I notice for me Skritter is mostly laggy on weekend days.

LadyMissie   July 25th, 2010 3:11p.m.

I'm running Windows Vista with Firefox. I am installing Google Chrome right now.

After I made this post I noticed that my whole computer was starting to lag a bit. Now that I think about it it may have been due to the windows update a few days ago. Whenever I download something it freezes my window up bad. Trying to fix it all now.

Please forgive me for only mentioning Skritter.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!