Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Double looks for new words

jiangxu   July 15th, 2010 3:30a.m.

There have been a few instances today where I'll get a new word. The word immediately after it is identical to it.

I got the first instance wrong on writing and correct on the tone. The second time it comes up it is still represented as a "new word"

Hope this helps.

jiangxu   July 15th, 2010 3:45a.m.

On the "doubles" theme...

Often when I'm quizzed on the tone for a two character word. After answering the first tone, skritter will play both character tones, before I'm asked the second.

nick   July 15th, 2010 10:27a.m.

The first bug has been on my list for a while. I have a couple ideas, but haven't had enough time to track them down. I'm mauling on the bugs now, though.

For the second: do you see any pattern to when it happens? What do you press/click to input the tones and go to the next one when it does? Thanks!

jiangxu   July 15th, 2010 8:41p.m.

For the second one, it happens when I have switched to typing hanzi mode on my Mac.

Easy to fix on my end ...

nick   July 16th, 2010 8:47a.m.

That's so weird! Perhaps it's like the input method editor is somehow sending "A" or "W" keypresses, which trigger the "play audio" shortcut. Huh.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!