Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Bed bugs...

nick   July 11th, 2010 2:57p.m.

... suck. Sorry we're all behind on email feedback responses--we discovered that we've got an infestation here in Skritter HQ (likely brought on by a bird nesting in our secret chimney), and so we've been spending the last few days cleaning everything, throwing away what we can't clean, and waiting for the exterminator to come on Tuesday and tell us whether we have to throw away what we can't stand to throw away.

We're hoping to get done cleaning in the next couple days and get caught up, so until then, thanks for your patience.

mcfarljw   July 11th, 2010 5:37p.m.

Those were in an apartment I moved into once. I woke up after my first night there and it looked like I had a bad case of the chicken pox.

I recommend encasing anything that they could bury themselves into for a month or two after. Anything you want to keep should be wrapped in a thick sealed plastic bag and stored away from the premises until eventually they die because they can't nourish themselves on man flesh haha. Actually anywhere I move now I always put my mattress in a sealed case.

Goodluck, I can definitely understand the frustration!

skritterjohan   July 12th, 2010 4:06a.m.

I feel for you guys :(

FatDragon   July 12th, 2010 11:38a.m.

Shingles and now bedbugs... 真不巧!

davidhm21   July 12th, 2010 1:19p.m.

I see your bedbugs and raise you... bedbugs on my honeymoon.

My own fault, which I expect I'll never be allowed to forget.

You guys can research as well as I can, but my memory is that they can go six months without a meal. Cleaning, sealed bags off-site for a long time, double sided tape on bed and chair legs, etc.

Good luck.

MK1977   July 12th, 2010 2:26p.m.

Ugh. Apparently these are making a huge comeback all over the world due to increased travel and the use of more environmentally friendly yet less effective pesticides. And they are meant to be really hard to get rid of...

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!