Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

issue with settings

Neil   July 2nd, 2010 11:40a.m.

can a staff member take a look at this?
go account -> language settings
change anything, then 'save settings' and i get this;

error
Display name

* Another user is already using that display name

Cheers- neil

nick   July 2nd, 2010 12:32p.m.

I see the problem and have implemented a workaround, then fixed the root cause for the future. You should be good to go. Sorry about that!

Neil   July 2nd, 2010 1:12p.m.

all good, thanks nick

Rolands   July 2nd, 2010 1:56p.m.

strange, but today, each time i refresh the practice page, time starts count from 0. Although, totqal value at progress page is increasing. Also, each time i refresh practice page I lose language settings, they are thrown back to default EN- ZH

nick   July 2nd, 2010 6:10p.m.

Two separate bugs here. I see the issue with the practice page not starting from where you left off, but I have to run to oversee a language lab overflowing with kids practicing on Skritter. I'll see about fixing it after I get back tonight. Don't worry-it's only cosmetic. Your time is being tracked and can be seen on the progress page.

Still haven't tracked down the source language switching one, but I will. Thanks!

nick   July 2nd, 2010 8:11p.m.

Got the first one, with practice time not coming up. While I was at it, I found a way to dramatically speed up load times of the first word to practice. So while I haven't found the source language switching bug, perhaps this speed improvement will whet your appetite.

scott   July 7th, 2010 11:35a.m.

Found and fixed the source language issue, I think. If you're still on the wrong source language, switch one last time and it should stick.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!