Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Is there a custom list of common sound-elements?

rgwatwormhill   June 24th, 2010 6:06a.m.

Hi.
I really like the new features for mnemonics and character breakdowns, but these have highlighted an issue I've been thinking about for a while. Some stroke-combinations are used quite frequently as sound-elements. Some of these are radicals, which I am working my way through in parallel with "useful" beginners' words, but I'd really like a list of common sound-elements too. I've had a quick search through the 400-odd custom lists, but can't spot what I'm after. Has anyone published such a thing?

Rachael.

Doug (松俊江)   June 25th, 2010 5:22a.m.

That's a great idea. Lists that have similar sound-radicals (sort of like Heisig for sounds) and/or just lists with the most common sound radicals. I'm not aware of any such lists on the site, anybody made one?

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!