Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

How can I add translation for another language?

valerypride   June 22nd, 2010 1:21p.m.

Let's say I have some Japanese word like 日当たり and I want to add Russian translation, since Russian is my native. Currently I get "A word with that reading and writing already exists." error. There are a lot of words that don't have Russian translation, about 9/10 in my lists. So, is support for this functionality planned for later updates?

scott   June 22nd, 2010 2:56p.m.

Yes, one of the projects we're working on right now is a new popup that will replace this page:

http://www.skritter.com/vocab/word?lang=zh&base=%E8%84%91%E7%94%B5%E6%B3%A2&vari=0

You'll click on the word in the list and see a popup which will show you all sorts of information and let you add a definition in your language if it doesn't already exist. Or set a custom definition/submit a correction.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!