Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Different functions for space and enter on definition practice?

葛修远   April 11th, 2010 10:31a.m.

As far as I can tell both space and enter mark a definition card as correct, and skip the showing of the answer. Could we have it so that one of them continues to have this action, but the other has the same effect as 'click to show definition'? E.g. use space to skip through quickly when you're sure you know the answer, and space to check the definition first.

I ask because it's currently quite annoying to switch between mouse and keyboard (or tablet and keyboard) every time it changes between reading, definition and writing mode. I think making it possible to deal with reading and definition mode entirely on the keyboard might alleviate this a bit.

friederike   April 11th, 2010 11:56a.m.

You can press "s" to show the definition, so you don't have to use mouse or tablet (and the definition stays marked as correct).

葛修远   April 11th, 2010 12:07p.m.

aaah, thanks :-)

mjd   April 11th, 2010 6:59p.m.

I'm a lefty, so I hold the stylus in my left hand. This means my right hand is free to use the numeric keypad.

Any chance of getting the numeric keypad /, *, -, + and . keys mapped so one can avoid reaching across to the left of the keyboard?

nick   April 11th, 2010 9:40p.m.

The mirror shortcuts on the letter keys aren't sufficient? (/ for Z, . for X, M for V, and L for S, plus 6-0 for for tones or 6-9 for grades.)

(We will be putting these in the FAQ soon.)

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!