Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

No Skritter for iPhone anytime soon

ddapore99   April 9th, 2010 5:34p.m.

I just read this article on Engadget.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/08/apples-iphone-lockdown-apps-must-be-written-in-one-of-three-la/

It looks like apple isn't going to let Flash be converted to native iPhone apps.

Byzanti   April 9th, 2010 5:42p.m.
george   April 9th, 2010 6:17p.m.

Yeah, we've been reading up on it, and it's a bummer. We had an inkling this would occur, but hoped that Apple would be more chill than they have proven. We'll be watching developments in this arena carefully.

Jackalope   April 13th, 2010 2:05p.m.

Good argument for Android! If this site ports to the Droid & Nexxus, I'll probably subscribe & get a new smartphone.

murrayjames   April 13th, 2010 2:30p.m.

I couldn't wait. Just bought a Nexus One :-)

Chris D.   April 14th, 2010 1:49p.m.

I'm a Droid owner so I'll be looking forward to Skritter on Android! Flash is suppose to be right around the corner.

Apple has gone way too far and they have been increasingly alienating developers (and hence, users in what they can and can not do with the iPhone / iPad).

I used to be an Apple fan a while ago but I couldn't hate them more today!

雅各   April 14th, 2010 7:46p.m.
雅各   April 14th, 2010 9:18p.m.

This screenshot is symbolic of how great I think it would be to have a skritter flash based iPhone app:

http://jacobrhoden.com/mac-flash.png

Hobbes828   April 14th, 2010 11:13p.m.

the new developer terms are only for OS 3.2/4 or for everything?

Cuz, you know, the old iphone won't get the new OS updates, so in theory could you still release an app developed in CS5 for that platform?

Byzanti   April 15th, 2010 4:20a.m.

Jail broken ones would also work I would assume (if Anki is anthing to go by - not that I have an iphone). Whether it's worth it for that, though...

雅各   April 15th, 2010 8:09a.m.

Correct you could release a version for jailbroken phones as they have no limit on what can be installed.

Regarding non jailbroken phones this will not work. It is not possible to upload a new application to the apple app store without agreeing to the updated terms and conditions.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!