Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

No credit card?

雅各   March 27th, 2010 2:57p.m.

Just tried to hook up a friend to try out skritter, she has been learning chinese for a while and the site would really help. She doesn't have a credit card so she cant try it out.

joschua011   March 27th, 2010 4:30p.m.

isn´t it possible to sign up ( and buy time ) with one of this mastercard-prepaid cards? (i guess there also prepaid cards offered by visa, i dont know..)
would be interresting because i also dont have a credit card and as an 16 year old, i wont get one.

雅各   March 27th, 2010 8:40p.m.

Not sure if they have "prepaid" credit cards in Hong Kong, I could always brave going into a 7/11 and attempt to talk to someone who knows no english or mandarin. (:

nick   March 29th, 2010 10:55a.m.

That is currently a weakness of the system. How would she pay for it other than a card--does she use Paypal or Google Checkout? We can work something out manually using a Google Checkout invoice--send an email if she's interested.

Bigbrainblue   April 6th, 2010 1:58a.m.

I can't see the Paypal option!

nick   April 6th, 2010 7:48a.m.

Bigbrainblue, because we can't currently do recurring payments with Paypal or Google Checkout, we haven't set up a way to use those to do the initial signup. Once you sign up with a CC, you can use one. We may be changing it so that you don't need one to try it, but for now email me (nick at skritter) to set something up.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!