Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Queue allows duplicate entries

March 6th, 2010 5:34p.m.

Hi,

it seems that the queue currently does not work as it supposed to do. Normally I add lists of thirty random words and let Skritter sort out what is already in my study lists. However, at the moment it fails to do so and just adds duplicates to the queue.

Cheers

tunghiem2010   March 7th, 2010 3:18p.m.

I notice the same problem too. It adds duplicate words so my list is full of same characters that repeat themselves too often.

scott   March 8th, 2010 2:23p.m.

Could you give an example of the words that are showing up repeatedly? I checked both your queues and they appear to be empty. Have you already added the duplicates? And to make sure, when you say queue, you mean this page, right?

http://www.skritter.com/vocab/queue

Or are they just showing up too often while practicing?

March 8th, 2010 8:16p.m.

Currently my queue is empty because I dont want to add words if there is the danger of getting a duplicate into my actual list. Any yes, under queue we understand the same thing ;)

As for the words: Every single vocabulary that I am currently studiyng can be put into the queue again... Annoying bug since I want to go on with practice :(

Xerxes314   March 8th, 2010 10:37p.m.

I tried to reproduce this bug, but it works fine for me. Duplicates are not added to the queue.

March 9th, 2010 1:05a.m.

Well, not for me. However, I just noticed: The old characters are only inserted with "P", new characters with "C, T, P, D".

Was there a new mode invented lately? In that case it would not be a bug but rather the feature that adds "P" to my existing vocabs...

scott   March 9th, 2010 9:23a.m.

That would be readings, or P for Pinyin.

When you enabled readings, it doesn't automatically add reading items for all the things you're currently studying; that would drown you in readings when that's not necessarily what you want to study. So when you 'readd' an existing word to your studies, it adds the reading to your studies, because you don't have it yet.

That is a bit confusing, though. I'm going to be making some changes to the way the queue works, and perhaps I can make it work more intuitively...

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!