Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

new list: 2000 most frequent 2-character words

jww1066   February 26th, 2010 8:53a.m.

This list contains the 2000 most frequent 2-character combinations ("bigrams") taken from http://lingua.mtsu.edu/chinese-computing/statistics/bigram/form.php which are also words in the Skritter database.

I am not a linguist and am not sure what the definition of "word" is in Chinese. See the list description for technical details.

I hope someone finds this useful.

http://www.skritter.com/vocab/list?list=agVza3JpdHIWCxINVm9jYWJMaXN0SW5mbxjHy_kLDA

James

jww1066   February 26th, 2010 9:03a.m.

Hmmmm, looks like the one huge section was a bad idea; it doesn't seem to let you browse through the list. Skritter Gods, is there some way to fix this?

James

nick   February 26th, 2010 9:34a.m.

Try making a new one and splitting it up into sections of 100, like:
1-100
101-200
etc.
The huge list is so bad for performance that it's probably unloadable at this point. We'll be fixing this so it can't happen in the next version.

I've unpublished the list for now--you can publish another one with multiple sections in it.

scott   February 26th, 2010 9:47a.m.

Actually, just fixed it for him. The list editor couldn't even load, the sections were so big, so it wasn't editable even once unpublished!

It's now broken into nice 100 sized chunks.

Guess I should make the list editor limit section sizes...

jww1066   February 26th, 2010 10:27a.m.
jww1066   February 26th, 2010 10:28a.m.

@scott That's even better! Thanks a lot!

James

Byzanti   February 26th, 2010 10:31a.m.

Nice list! Doesn't make me happy seeing all that white space though.

What would be nice though, for the next version of the list manager, is a stat like "You already know X% of this list".

Since that's mostly what I do with these sorts of 'common characters/words' lists. Look through and judge progress...

Foo Choo Choon   February 26th, 2010 10:41a.m.

十全十美了!

west4east   February 26th, 2010 5:45p.m.

Totally rocks!!!

murrayjames   February 26th, 2010 7:05p.m.

Nice list James!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!