Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Practice time disappears again

Christian   February 24th, 2010 6:23a.m.

Hi folks,

after your announcement of Skritter.cn (thanks a bunch!) I went to try it out immediately. However, after studying, I noticed that my total practice time was recorded as 0 when going back to the homepage - just like a few days ago. Is it the same problem, or related to Skritter.cn?

Thomas   February 24th, 2010 6:51a.m.

I'm not seeing this problem.

I practiced a few minutes on Skritter.cn and the time was added both to Skritter.cn and Skritter.com

Thanks for the mirror, I'd say load times do seem a bit faster, but everything on the .com side has been running smoothly for a while now.

Christian   February 24th, 2010 7:20a.m.

Hmm… I came back to Skritter.com, and suddenly my practice time appeared there - not all of it, but almost all of it. Then I went to Skritter.cn, and it was there also.

Maybe it was just a syncing issue.

faceleg   February 24th, 2010 8:14a.m.

.cn works great for me, thanks for this!

nick   February 24th, 2010 8:39a.m.

Caching issue, perhaps? Anyone else see this?

There will be slight variance in practice time between practice and home page because of rounding errors on individual prompts' practice times. Not to worry.

I'm really excited to hear more about load times on www.skritter.cn from China.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!