Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Minutes per day.

狄安奕   February 19th, 2010 8:32a.m.

My minutes per day is just accumulating minutes instead of giving me an average; I assume it is not working correctly?

scott   February 19th, 2010 11:09a.m.

Aha, found the bug. For some reason the first day of practice was not counting toward the total number of days studied, so it's averaging your total minutes studied over one rather than two days. You can see on your progress page how it says 1/7 days studied as well. Tomorrow (assuming you practice!) it will average your time over 2 days instead of 3, and so on.

I've fixed it on this end, which will fix it for new users when it's up. Hope you don't mind me leaving your data the way it is, though! It would take a while trying to correct all the data on the backend and it won't have very much of an effect on your stats, and in a week it won't even show up on your progress page by default.

Thanks for the bug report!

WanLi   February 19th, 2010 11:48a.m.

today, i have done 4 sessions, none of my sessions were recorded under 19th, they still accumulate somehow under 18th progress. this is using different browsers chrome, and firefox from two different OS, refresh, and sign-out did not work for me.

nick   February 19th, 2010 12:12p.m.

This is the same bug as in this thread: http://www.skritter.com/forum/topic?id=24162148

I'm uploading a fix for it right now. Sorry about that!

benreitz   February 19th, 2010 5:15p.m.

i don't know if this is related, but i did 10 min. of practice this morning, and my skritter clock reset me to 0 min. when I started to practice just now

nick   February 19th, 2010 5:59p.m.

Yeah, that would happen if you practiced before my upload. The time was assigned to yesterday.

WanLi   February 20th, 2010 5:41a.m.

It would be interesting to see the change log, it will not help me with my Chinese studies, however i am just anxious to see how much development is going around what i see is a seamlessly perfect system already.

nick   February 21st, 2010 12:05p.m.

Seamlessly perfect! I like that. All I see is bugs. For a sample, here are the last four commit messages:

scott: "Fixed Japanese reading practice. Parts of readings were being shown when none should have been shown, and then not the whole reading was being shown when it should have."

scott: "Okay now the Japanese reading practice is good."

nick: "Switched to jQuery 1.4.2 -- let's hope it doesn't have any weird bugs.
Fixed one possible cause of weird bugs. We'll see if the repeated char sounds come back for pts and throwaway.
Added more powerful checking for old prompts hanging around, plus an expulsion measure."

nick: "Fixed Olark widget on practice page, so it's still there but hidden."

It's a good idea--I'd like to work on our upload script so it can display to users practicing at the time what's going on.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!