Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Skritter slow/hanging?

Byzanti   February 2nd, 2010 6:10p.m.

Is Skritter slow or hanging for anyone else? At the moment I'm not progressing past the 级 of 超级. Double checked with a neighbour's wireless, so it's not my connection.

Cheers

Byzanti   February 2nd, 2010 6:11p.m.

(Also tried skrit.appspot.com)

nick   February 2nd, 2010 6:17p.m.

Try now? I just ran an update so it should have reset any of our server instances that got all whack.

If that wasn't it, I'm not sure; App Engine system status and our average response time are all normal right now. It could be a local thing affecting your connection if any other sites are slow (on either your connection or neighbor's wireless), which is possible I guess.

Byzanti   February 2nd, 2010 6:21p.m.

Still no luck. I'm wondering if it's decided to hang on 超级 for some reason (before refreshing would bring up another character before 超级 which would always be fine - but now its the first thing in my queue)...

nick   February 2nd, 2010 6:26p.m.

That's weird; I emulated you and 超级 came up just fine. Huh. Anyway, it should be out of the way now--let me know if that was it or if it's something else doing it.

Byzanti   February 2nd, 2010 6:29p.m.

Working now, cheers!

Byzanti   February 2nd, 2010 6:51p.m.

Hanging again (on 般). Refreshed, and now not loading the flash/page properly (the rest of Skritter, and my general connection seems fine...)

nick   February 2nd, 2010 7:12p.m.

Try another browser? I'm not sure what's going on. It happened immediately prior to me doing an upload, which seems to indicate it's not a recent code change. And if it's not happening to anyone else or from my point of view and your connection seems fine and there aren't any JavaScript errors:
http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/webmasters-faq.html#jsexec
or Flash errors:
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
then maybe it's a weird caching thing?

Byzanti   February 2nd, 2010 7:44p.m.

Ah. Clearing the cache immediately loaded the page. Weird - sorry about that. Should've tried it myself.

Cheers again!

nick   February 2nd, 2010 8:58p.m.

Glad it's fixed. No worries, it's weird that the Flash would get cached badness like that but sometimes it happens.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!