Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Translation of 准中级

葛修远   July 19th, 2010 2:56a.m.

I'm currently adding the vocab for a Boya Chinese textbook, the title of which is "准中级 - 加速等II". How would you translate that?

skritterjohan   July 19th, 2010 4:01a.m.

According to Google 准中级 - 加速篇 is translated as:
Semi-Intermediate Speed-up

Note that they use 篇 in stead of 等, but I guess it might be the same.

葛修远   July 19th, 2010 9:37a.m.

Thanks

Yeah my guess was going to be something like "Intermediate Fast-track Grade II". Just not quite sure what to do with the 准. Do you think it means "Upper" or "Lower" intermediate?

pts   July 19th, 2010 11:43a.m.

Here 准 means “almost, quasi, would be”

For example, 准妈妈 – a mother to be, 准新娘 - bride to be.

nick   July 19th, 2010 12:00p.m.

It isn't one of the three Boya books we already have, is it? I am really confused as to what Boya books exist and which are the ones we have and what their English/Chinese names should be.

葛修远   July 21st, 2010 4:52a.m.

@Nick
Yeah I was a bit confused about that as well. I went through the existing Boya textbooks on Skritter and the one I have wasn't there. I've finished adding it now anyway, so you've got 4 altogether.

nick   July 21st, 2010 4:05p.m.

Great. May I promote it to the textbooks list?

葛修远   July 22nd, 2010 5:52a.m.

It would be an honour! :-P

nick   July 22nd, 2010 9:09a.m.

's done, thanks!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!