Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Something is wrong?

jlm2jlm2   February 2nd, 2010 7:09a.m.

When “Skritter” add a new character from “New practical Chinese reader” list the bar does not move forward, it moves backward.

I hope it does means I am not forgiving characters :-)

nick   February 2nd, 2010 8:27a.m.

Huh, that's weird. I did just make some changes to the progress bar to make it run a lot faster, so I probably did something strange to it, but I don't immediately see what. I can't get it to go backward.

Anyone else seeing this?

esther   February 2nd, 2010 9:27a.m.

I also add from NPCR. There is no problem.

jlm2jlm2   February 2nd, 2010 10:40a.m.

Makes something like this from yesterday:

The blue bar goes to the end, later back, later move ahead and later back again (for and back).

In other cases the bar is full blue and then moves back.

Just whit this list, with the other ones just moves ahead.

葛修远   February 2nd, 2010 11:17a.m.

I'm getting this. As far as I can tell it's just the animation of the bar being backwards, i.e. going from B to A rather than A to B

nick   February 2nd, 2010 6:13p.m.

I see the problem. I've just uploaded a fix. Along with this, the progress bar should only show when the word is actually prompted (unless you clicked the manual add word button). Let me know what you think of this way of doing it.

I've also fixed some bugs such that new words should come almost right away when added, and things are added separately from the queue or from a list (instead of always from a list plus the queue). And things added from the queue will now come grouped together instead of having writing and tone potentially separated.

Basically, I fixed a lot of minor adding bugs that I found. Hope this relieves some frustration that you didn't even know you had. There are still some more adding bugs, like with the auto adding algorithm being whack, and they are next.

jlm2jlm2   February 3rd, 2010 7:06a.m.

It is fine again.

Extraordinary support Nick.

葛修远   February 5th, 2010 10:57a.m.

hooray for Skritter

Will Buckingham   February 5th, 2010 12:48p.m.

I quite liked the eccentricity of the retrograde motion... Anyway, problem now fixed!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!