Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

new poll missing option

jww1066   July 16th, 2010 10:48a.m.

How about "Yes, FRICKIN AWESOME"

Byzanti   July 16th, 2010 11:04a.m.

And has four surplus ones as well.

Funny how things work sometimes.

george   July 16th, 2010 11:19a.m.

Heh heh, thanks guys. Personally, I use the "show squigs" mode 100% of the time, but Nick and I realized that we probably aren't very typical users, hence the poll. :)

Given the results, I think we're going to write a blog post explaining what it is, perhaps then we can clear up some of the confusion that apparently exists surrounding that study mode!

FatDragon   July 16th, 2010 11:54a.m.

I dunno James, I was thinking more along the lines of "I soiled myself from joy the first time I turned it on."

Foo Choo Choon   July 16th, 2010 1:33p.m.

I plan to switch to the "raw squig" mode once I've got a Wacom. I've just reached my 这一辈子的 long-term goal (3000 characters), so the time to add fewer characters and hone older ones has come anyway.

skritterjohan   July 16th, 2010 2:14p.m.

I have used it for a while, loved it a lot. I dont use it now, kind of slows me down for 'regular' learning. I am going on holiday in a while, so stopped adding new words so plan to switch on raw squig mode again in a few days so I can use it for a week or two before I go on holiday to solidify my learning.

FatDragon   July 16th, 2010 6:06p.m.

Slows you down? Really? I find that I study way more efficiently and at least as quickly with raw squigs. I originally expected it to slow me down, but in practice, it definitely hasn't.

skritterjohan   July 20th, 2010 6:03a.m.

@FatDragon that's my subjective impression, expecially when doing new characters.

I am back to squig mode for now so I'll see how it goes.

I would agree though that characters you know in squig mode have a higher chance of actually being writeable on paper.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!