Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

And the winner is.... the skritter team!

Mandarinboy   September 15th, 2010 10:32a.m.

I can't think of any other application I am so happy to pay for as skritter. Well worth every dime and it only gets better every day. The reason for my so cheerful subject is simply the Alfa function with sentences. Especially the function to get words in the sentences and easily add them to your study. I have added tons of words that way. Usually i take individual characters and look at the sentences for word combinations with this character. I get the new word and example sentence. Amazing! This cross referencing works very great for me. Add some mnemonics here and there and i have doubled the effect of my study. You are an amazing team and your contributions for us students can't be mentioned often enough. The only request i can think of now is the possibility to sign up for a life time membership:-)

jcdoss   September 15th, 2010 1:59p.m.

+1! Thanks Skritter!

george   September 15th, 2010 5:07p.m.

Hey Mandarinboy, thanks for the compliments, we were feeling sort of self-conscious about this since all today App Engine was serving so poorly. It looks like it's fixed now though. Thanks a lot for the kind words!

jww1066   September 15th, 2010 6:02p.m.

I agree. The mnemonics and the sentences are awesome, and now you even have Android support. I feel like you guys are really adding a lot of value to what was already a great service.

James

skritterjohan   September 16th, 2010 9:18a.m.

I also love Skritter!

葛修远   September 16th, 2010 6:00p.m.

Hooray for Skritter. Best thing I've ever paid for

Lurks   September 16th, 2010 9:47p.m.

I just headed in to the forums to post a congratulations on the example sentences, this is truly epic and makes a huge difference.

Yeah, it's good work guys. I've gone from zero to hero this year with your help :)

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!