Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Hiring linguistic help: Chinese & Japanese

george   February 16th, 2010 11:38p.m.

We're looking to hire a motivated person to work remotely on improving Skritter's definitions!

The problem: right now we have thousands of words and single characters that need defining. Many of them have terribly inaccurate definitions, some don't have any at all. This impacts Skritter user's onsite experience by limiting the vocabulary that is available for studying.

The solution: perhaps you are the solution! Correcting, checking, and entering thousands of definitions for characters and words is a tedious process, but it's really important that it's done systematically and accurately. We are looking for 2 individuals: one to do this task for the Japanese side of the site and one to do the work for the Chinese side. Applicants should have at least a basic understanding of Chinese and Japanese, and have a very firm grasp of English. We would ask that applicants work at least 15 hours a week and that you submit a little bit of work upfront so we can make sure you are both fast and precise enough to get the job done efficiently. This work sample would essentially be you giving the job a try for an hour, after which we'd look over the changes and your total progress. The job can be done remotely and we are paying $10/hr. We're fun to work with and you can choose your own hours.

How to apply: shoot us an email via our contact page and we will respond to each inquiry. We can then set you up for the trial run, and We look forward to working with you!

Tortue   February 17th, 2010 8:00a.m.

Applied!

gacorley   February 17th, 2010 2:15p.m.

Applied as well

ronde   February 17th, 2010 4:52p.m.

Hey guys because my e-mail is frustratingly over protective and puts many of my important e-mails in my spam folder. I was wondering when you would be replying to those who apply so I know when to be expecting a message from you. Thank you.

nick   February 17th, 2010 5:47p.m.

Probably tomorrow. There's been a big response from some really qualified people. Awesome!

nick   February 18th, 2010 9:31p.m.

Okay, I've sent out the emails to those interested detailing how to get set up and have a try. Thanks guys and ladies!

Xufangfang   March 19th, 2010 10:59a.m.

I am the Chinese language teacher. I hope I can help you guys to solve these issues.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!