Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

server timeout

jww1066   September 4th, 2010 8:32a.m.

I can get to the forum and the practice page just fine, but if I go to skritter.com I get a server timeout. This has been happening consistently for about ten minutes now.

James

Ekrem   September 4th, 2010 9:00a.m.

Same here. Server error happening both under Firefox and Google Chrome. Haven't tried others.

Byzanti   September 4th, 2010 9:11a.m.

I had a problem accessing .com from china earlier, but it was fine through a VPN so I figured it was a China issue... .cn is working fine here.

jww1066   September 4th, 2010 9:27a.m.

It's working now.

skritterjohan   September 5th, 2010 3:35a.m.

I got a server timeout this morning on skritter.com, refreshing a few times did not help. I went to skritter.cn and that seems to work (although I have not tried to practice yet).

nick   September 6th, 2010 10:00p.m.

We've been having some issues with Google's App Engine servers deciding to zombie out sometimes, and although we've worked on a few ways to control the outbreaks, there are still some requests that die. While practicing, unless there are a lot of them, they shouldn't be noticed beyond a little loading slowness, but the rest of the site may requires some refreshes to get through to a non-zombie server instance until the zombie starves to death.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!