Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Suggestion for the future for example sentences

Will Buckingham   August 24th, 2010 2:35a.m.

I know you are in alpha with this, so have enough on your plates; but neat idea with the example sentences might be to have a way of selecting other words from the example sentences and adding them to your queue automatically. Now that I'm up and running with the examples (which are both useful and entertaining - thanks for adding me), from time to time I see something buried in a sentence and I think "ah! that's useful, I should add that!" So it would be great to be able to do this with just a click.

Mandarinboy   August 24th, 2010 3:31a.m.

That would be perfect. I want it too, please:-) They do have that feature at Chinesepod and I use it daily. It is a perfect way to expand your vocabulary. I make own study lists from those words and import to Skritter. So nice.

Neil   August 24th, 2010 5:03a.m.

You can do this already - but you need to use Google chrome. Just install ZhongWen extension, then mouse over any text on any webpage and hit 's' for Skritter!

As for keeping track of whole sentences which are interesting, we are stuck with copy and paste.

Mandarinboy   August 24th, 2010 6:32a.m.

@neil, thanks for the tips! Really nice tool. This will save me a lot of time.

Will Buckingham   August 24th, 2010 12:08p.m.

Aha, that's great Neil. I was using Chrome (well, Chromium) already; so I'll give it a go.
All the best,
Will

nick   August 25th, 2010 10:52a.m.

I think it's a good idea and will try to include it in the final version of the example sentences.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!