Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Best way to activate a "practice" after words have been added?

balsa   July 29th, 2010 6:34a.m.

Hello,

I have a list of words that got added without the Pronunciation enabled by mistake.

What's the best way to have Skritter enable Pronunciation practice for all those words without having to do it one by one through the popup, or without removing the entire lists (and its stats)?

Byzanti   July 29th, 2010 6:36a.m.

Enable tone in the menu first (as well as anything else you want), then run through the list again. Just the tones will add.

Byzanti   July 29th, 2010 6:38a.m.

Or after enabling tones, select them all from the list and hit add to queue.

scott   July 29th, 2010 11:35a.m.

Here's the best way:

1. Make sure all the parts you want to have studied are enabled, either through the practice page settings box or the language settings page in the account area

2. Go to the list page that you want to re-add

3. Click the 'More Actions' button and choose 'Study Settings'

4. Just press 'Update sections' (or change the sections you want to study if you want to)

That will run through the whole list again and add anything that was missed.

I've got the beginnings of a plan to rework how lists are managed so that this is no longer a problem. It's not exactly intuitive right now!

balsa   July 29th, 2010 5:27p.m.

Thanks byzanti and scott.

@scott "It's not exactly intuitive right now!" hehe I didn't want to say it :)

scott   July 31st, 2010 2:47p.m.

Heh, don't worry, we need to be told when our interfaces are unintuitive. It's harder for us to see what doesn't make sense, because when you build a tool of course you know how it works (or one would hope).

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!