Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Nasty podcast to learn nasty Chinese

Tortue   July 19th, 2010 12:29a.m.

I've lately found quite a funny podcast for the intermediate/advanced learner. It works like a Chinesepod podcast except that they are about an hour long and topics are mostly centered around sex.

Enjoy http://bit.ly/c5VLUc

MK1977   July 19th, 2010 2:38a.m.

Well, they do say you should study language via topics you are interested in...

murrayjames   July 19th, 2010 3:06a.m.

Wow.

Far be it from me to insert my Victorian sensibilities where they don't belong :-) But for those who want an advanced podcast without the sex, search "中文" from the iTunes podcast page. There's lots to choose from.

Tortue   July 19th, 2010 3:17a.m.

Those who are currently living in Taiwan would agree that these lessons must be assimilated as quickly as possible ;-)

It changes a little bit from the eternal same sentences we have on these kind of podcasts.

Lyons   July 19th, 2010 3:22a.m.

I found this same podcast a while ago. It seemed like fun, but I couldn't take listening to the guy's Chinese for more than two minutes. His pronunciation seems alright, but his voice... Still, I'm not so fluent or so extrovert as to attempt a similar myself, so respect to him for that.

Tortue   July 19th, 2010 11:57a.m.

@Lyons True,

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!