Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Test Mode?!

yeaimei   February 27th, 2010 9:06p.m.

Is there a way that you can put the chinese words in a test mode? The words that we practice are always in the same order... is there a way I can mix them up..like a test, without editing the lists?

:) thanks!

west4east   February 28th, 2010 12:44a.m.

Same order? Didn't seem to be in the same order to me...! :)

pts   February 28th, 2010 4:52a.m.

I am thinking of preparing an extremely long vocab list where the words are ordered in straight alphabetical order. And I do hope that the words will come out randomly without me waiting for months or even years before encountering a word that starts with a ‘z’.

With that said, in some other cases, I do want the words to come out in some specific orders. For example, I want the words 以及 and 以至 to come out in rapid succession so that I can distinguish the differences between them.

arp   February 28th, 2010 6:41a.m.

Any list will become randomized fairly quickly unless you were to respond identically to each character time after time.

scott   February 28th, 2010 9:25a.m.

Even if you do respond identically to each item, it should be shuffled a bit. The scheduling works in a little bit of randomness to try and keep reviews from bunching up and have them be reviewed in different orders. But we don't want to deviate too much from the SRS scheduled times :)

You might try cram mode; that lets you study a set of words. We're going to be replacing it soon with the ability to study a list by itself and a section of a list by itself, or an on the fly list. Maybe see if those suit your needs?

yeaimei   February 28th, 2010 11:17a.m.

Thanks guys! :)

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!