Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Remove Duplicate Words From Custom List

faceleg   February 8th, 2010 4:45a.m.

Is there a magic way to do this? I noobed out while making my first list and have a crapload of duplicate words now.

c3029599   February 8th, 2010 6:46a.m.

Nothing constructive to add except I have the same problem.

Cheryl   February 8th, 2010 8:11a.m.

I might be wrong, but I don't think that is a problem. I think that when you start adding words from a list somehow skritter knows the words that you have already studied so you only study them once anyway. I just had a quick look at my future lists to check and some of the characters are already known even though I haven't started that list.

As I say, I could be wrong.

faceleg   February 8th, 2010 8:19a.m.

This is true.

It annoys me that duplicates exist in my list, the list must be cleansed.

nick   February 8th, 2010 9:17a.m.

If it's published, you can't currently edit it. In the next version you'll probably be able to.

You could remix it and delete the dupe words and use the remixed lists if you really want. But yeah, it won't actually affect anything except browsing the list.

If it's not published, you can hit "Advanced" -> "Edit the words in this list", find the dupes, and hit the "x" next to them to delete them. (Remember to save again.) Not very good, but next version will be better!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!