Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Nice skritter moments

Mandarinboy   August 29th, 2010 11:17p.m.

While skrittering is always very fun, some moments are extra memorable. I had one such this weekend. I went to Mount Fuji to climb the mountain. Since I am the stupid person I am something did get wrong with my buss trip and i where dropped of in a small city in the valley below and not at the 5:th station where people usually start from. Due to this I had to walk some extra 70 Km by foot. Since i would not make it in time for the sunrise this time (I have been there before) I decided to take a rest on a very scenic spot in the forest and sit there to do some skrittering while the sun where rising. That where a truly memorable moment. Such moments are like mnemonics, a very goo way to remember characters. Others have had any really memorable moment with skritter?

nick   August 30th, 2010 7:48a.m.

Wow! That's a great story. And you even had internet access in the middle of the forest? I want to climb Mount Fuji! Perhaps next someone can actually Skritter on top of a mountain.

I don't have any particularly awesome ones--I always Skritter in the office--but there was a time very early on that I was testing things with some new code I had written, and I ended up getting sucked in and practicing instead (the first time, really). After a while, I realized, hey guys, this thing is actually going to work! It's awesome!

mcfarljw   August 30th, 2010 11:21p.m.

I'm not sure about how Skrittering on top of the mountain would work, but I know you can send postcards from the top to the Skritter Headquarters. Last time I climbed Fuji I went in the off season to avoid too much traffic at the cost of colder weather, but there was still so many Japanese groups climbing it I almost missed the sunrise because of a line at the top!

I don't know if I have good memorable moments on Skritter, but I certainly have some bad ones like being stuck in various airports or missing the last train and camping out for the night haha.

Mandarinboy   August 31st, 2010 3:23a.m.

You can actually skritter from the top. At least i did have cell phone coverage on the top but i never did try to skritter. To many people to get any good spot for studying. I do have my fare share of bad experiences just like you, sleeping over at airports due to the volcanic eruption, delayed planes etc. Sometimes very nice times but mostly not. Luckily i tend to forget them easily:-)

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!