Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

pinyin syllables playing peek-a-boo

jww1066   April 9th, 2010 9:23a.m.

I just noticed this morning that when you have a multi-character word and you have "hide pinyin" turned on, the later syllables often appear for a half a second before disappearing behind the "show" buttons. Then when you finish writing a character or click on the first "show" button, they again appear for a second and then hide again.

This is on Windows XP, Chrome 5.0.342.9 beta, Flash player 10.0.45.2.

James

葛修远   April 9th, 2010 10:52a.m.

I'm seeing the same thing.

Windows XP, Firefox 3.6.3, 10.0.22.87

nick   April 9th, 2010 11:20a.m.

Not sure what's happening (can't reproduce), but it may be related to a recent bug with word wrapping code messing up the count for the show bubbles. I'm uploading a fix for that, and maybe it will fix this issue, too--please let me know if it continues.

jww1066   April 9th, 2010 11:26a.m.

@nick: Thanks. By the way, I couldn't reproduce the bug in IE 8.

James

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!