Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

xubuntu problems - please help

Aaron Dolman   April 8th, 2010 11:46a.m.

i know i brought this up a while back but still didnt get it sorted.

I am using xubuntu and when i go to practice it all looks normal until i go to try and write a character. the mouse just disappears when i go to write the character and nothing appears there, if i go to the left or right or top or bottom of the practice box then the mouse comes back and is fine. I can also click on the buttons under the practice bos like back and forward and ? button etc.

Does anyone know why this might be or how i can fix this.

I'm running it in chrome but it doesn't work in firefox either.

Thanks everyone.

雅各   April 8th, 2010 11:55a.m.

You need to provide more information. Did you try installing the proprietary flash plugin rather than the one that comes with ubuntu?

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/flash

Zach   April 8th, 2010 1:19p.m.

That sounds like an issue with Flash - even the official Linux port is pretty terrible. You may want to try the 10.1 beta in a 32 bit browser, but you may just be out of luck.

vrs   April 8th, 2010 4:05p.m.

Yes, its a problem with flash (but maybe also Javascript -- I read somewhere on a Scritter forum that flash gets the cursor position from Javascript).

I just had the same problem in 64bit Debian Etch. After a few attempts of installing different versions of Adobe flash plugin and trying it in different browsers, it finally works with the latest official flash (10.0.45) in Chrome 5.0.366.2 dev (however, Firefox now crashes on flash sites). The Chrome browser is installed by a .deb package from the Google repository, the plugin an .so file downloaded directly from Adobe.

Hope it helps.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!