Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Potential bug in the SRS mode

tunghiem2010   March 7th, 2010 5:17p.m.

I just nuked my account today( I created and subscribed last night), and added about 30 words this morning. However, this afternoon when I started practicing in the SRS mode, Skritter gave me words that I had studied 7 days ago (!!??!). How can it be possible when I just added those words this morning, and this is the second time I have seen them?

It makes no sense at all! Please come and help this newbie.

scott   March 8th, 2010 2:18p.m.

Just figured out a bug that sounds similar... can you check that the time set on your computer is completely correct? Someone had their computer time to 2002 and was wreaking royal havoc on their SRS. I will try to make a fix soon, but if this is the cause, then setting your computer time correctly should do the trick in the meantime.

Also, when you deleted your words, did you wait for it to complete before navigating away from the page? It should have said 'Done!' when it was done.

tunghiem2010   March 8th, 2010 10:10p.m.

Yes, I checked my time and it was set to the future!!!No wonder!
Thanks!

scott   March 9th, 2010 12:03a.m.

Phew, good to hear it was the same bug. I've uploaded a fix that should make the system work for the time being, even if your computer time is off. I'll wait until Nick gets back to do a more permanent fix.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!