Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Domesticity

grahaml   February 11th, 2010 9:37a.m.

I just started generating a custom list to match a book I have called "First thousand words in Chinese" -designed for children so just right for me. On the first 4 pages (78 words) I found at least a dozen new (to Skritter) words. I worry about you guys out there - never used an ironing board or a vacuum cleaner (hoover)? or are you too busy getting thousands of words under your belt to clean up :-). Go pick up the 茶巾 (chá jīn) and dry thoses dishes right now.

Byzanti   February 11th, 2010 10:00a.m.

Well, I've certainly added a 吸尘器 to my list before.

But I do need more these sorts of words. Looking forward to your list!

nick   February 11th, 2010 10:36a.m.

We clean the apartment and dishes all the time, but, shame on us, we clean in English!

Besides, how would I know which one to use?

抹布
茶巾

擦碗布
搌布
破布
毛巾

葛修远   February 15th, 2010 5:53a.m.

hey, let us know when you've finished creating that list - I think it'd be really useful

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!