Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Learning Tip: Practice writing the whole sentence also on paper

stevosan1   January 11th, 2011 6:58p.m.

Hi All

After writing the word in Skritter, especially if I get it wrong , I sometimes take the time to write out the whole sentence example also on paper.

I find this method very helpful and gives you a sense of real progress!

I am on 400 characters now in Skritter and its very satisfying to know I can write whole sentences (sometimes!)

Regards

Will Buckingham   January 12th, 2011 3:45a.m.

This makes sense. Although I really love my Wacom tablet, writing by hand somehow feels different. And full sentences definitely help cement learning. Thanks for the tip.

MK1977   January 12th, 2011 7:15a.m.

I recently started doing something similar and the buzz you get from something as simple as writing a whole sentence is quite surprising. I also keep mine all in the same notebook, which if nothing else is nice to look at as a concrete reminder of my progress.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!