Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Font problem or can i switch places on those components

Mandarinboy   December 2nd, 2010 9:51p.m.

For characters such as 滑 or 骨 the square in the bone part is to the left. On other devices such as Anki and Iphone i however get that to the right. This is a font issue but my question is, is it an error in the font or is it ok to write it like this?

nick   December 2nd, 2010 10:29p.m.

It's not a big deal either way. The simplified style is to have it on the left. The traditional style is to have it on the right. On Skritter, for consistency, since 骨 is used in both simplified and traditional without a clean separation, we standardized to having it on the left. It's easier to write as it's only one stroke instead of two.

We recently did just change 咼 to have the box on the right, since it's traditional only (呙 in simplified).

jww1066   December 2nd, 2010 10:37p.m.

As I recall it's a style difference. See this thread for more details:

http://www.skritter.com/forum/topic?id=31107491

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!