Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Mnemonics : highlight in color some key words ?

nicogo   September 5th, 2010 4:22p.m.

For the moment, we have the ability to put some words in bold or italic. It would be great to use 2 or 3 colors to highlight for example the word for the pronunciation in blue, let´s say, the word for the meaning in green, and another color for the tips to draw the character correctly.
Any chance to see that one day ??

nick   September 6th, 2010 10:09p.m.

Sounds a bit complicated to me, especially as people have different uses for different colors. I've also heard that even the bold and italic formatting is more distracting than some want to see. So I would think less would be more, in this case. Other thoughts?

skritterjohan   September 7th, 2010 9:17a.m.

It might not be too complex using etc.. Agreeing on uniform use would be much more difficult.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!