Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Firefox 4 beta

Lurks   July 8th, 2010 12:08a.m.

Skritter seems to run full speed now. Might be something to do with running flash as a separate thread?

nick   July 8th, 2010 3:46p.m.

That's great! I might guess so: many of the performance issues we saw in Firefox were due to other tabs eating resources Skritter wanted to eat. The rest were due to poor garbage collection behavior, so I would also suggest they might have improved some GC bug that was causing slowdowns, too.

jcdoss   July 8th, 2010 4:46p.m.

Thanks Lurks for alerting me to the existence of FF4!

I downloaded it today, and unfortunately have had four instances where FF crashes when I hit the "EVERYTHING" button to start practicing. Other than that, it seems a bit faster overall than the current FF3 version.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!