Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

So-so vs Forgot

jcdoss   July 5th, 2010 6:00p.m.

Just wondering what's the difference between "so-so" and "forgot"?

I've been trying to be fairly strict with myself, especially w/writing, by selecting "so-so" when I mess up something minor. Didn't occur to me until lately that I wasn't exactly sure what selecting "so-so" does!

jww1066   July 5th, 2010 6:23p.m.

It just changes the scheduling somewhere in between "forgot" and "good". I use it for very minor errors, stuff that I would definitely get right if the system asked me again after a short delay. I also use it when I make use of the hints the system provides, like pinyin or mnemonics.

James

scott   July 6th, 2010 8:29p.m.

Yep, what James says. Also, hitting so-so will schedule the item for about as long as before (1 decreases the time between reviews, 3 increases, and 4 greatly increases).

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!