Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Better start working on that android app too!

drvelocity   March 19th, 2010 12:11a.m.

Marvell claims to have a $99 10" Android tablet in the pipeline with enough power to do 1080p, flash, 3d graphics, etc:

http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/03/18/marvell.moby.to.add.flash.hd.to.e.textbooks/

This would make a pretty unbeatable Skritter tablet!

Shisoik   March 19th, 2010 1:55a.m.

Yeah, but since Skritter is a flash app, I don't see much point developing a separate app for Android. Both Adobe and Google claim that flash gonna work soon, so we just need to wait a bit.

Christian   March 19th, 2010 4:28a.m.

Sounds good! That means all resources can be focused on that iPhone app :-).

murrayjames   March 19th, 2010 4:32a.m.

You could write a letter to Steve Jobs and kindly request that he provide support for Flash in his products :-D

雅各   March 19th, 2010 5:15a.m.

If it is written in C/C++ then it could be made to run on iPhone, Android, and nokias, independent of which web browser is running, and much faster than a flash application. Heck you could even then make it into a desktop app which would be blazing fast on an old recycled tablet PC.

雅各   March 19th, 2010 5:16a.m.

Oh, and also old palm and windows smart phones.

ddapore99   March 19th, 2010 8:42a.m.

It looks great but this slate PC and others have some issues to look out for.

The big thing is most won't work with a regular stylus. Also unlike the Wacom tablet, resting your hand on it while you write, can cause unintended finger gestures to be recognized. Many are also said to have short battery lives.

Now some thing to be happy about.
You can order a special capacitive stylus and put a peace of cloth under your hand so your palm isn't detected. You can always plug them in if you need to use it longer than the battery lasts.

I think most of these new systems will have browsers with Flash on them so no porting will be needed. Although for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad porting will be necessary.

joschua011   March 20th, 2010 8:20a.m.

I am currently thinking about buying an Fujitsu Stylistic Tablet PC, with Windows XP/Vista/7/whatever, so of course this supports flash.
it´s about 350€ (~ 480$ i think).

@xkfowboa
i think it´s written in actionscript, but flash cs5 will have a packenger, that is able to create native iPhone apps:http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashcs5/appsfor_iphone/
but noboby knows when cs5 will be published.

雅各   March 20th, 2010 9:32p.m.

Yes but my point was that if it is done in C (or maybe C++) then you have good chances of being able to port it to any mobile phone platform flash or no flash, and it will run faster.

It would also have the side effect bonus of being able to run really fast on older hardware.

(Not that I am sure there would be a good ROI on a C/C++ version, just that C/C++ would make it the most portable)

nick   March 20th, 2010 10:57p.m.

Hehe. I've let George and Scott know not to expect me to emerge from my Emacs for two years as I rewrite Skritter in C and port it to Nintendo 64.

I think I want to let hardware catch up to our software rather than chase still-evolving platforms. Go Flash!

jww1066   March 20th, 2010 11:36p.m.

@xkfowboa what are you smoking? I want some.

joschua011   March 21st, 2010 7:19a.m.

@nick
this sounds like there aren't any attemps to bring skritter to the iphone, right?

nick   March 21st, 2010 8:10a.m.

Our hopes are yet pinned on the iPhone Packager in Flash CS5. So nothing immediate.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!